Since our motto is “Life is an Adventure” we thought we would recommend some Cape Cod Adventures to make your vacation extra special. What type of adventure you chose depends on how adventurous you want to be!
Below are just a sample of the adventures that you can experience while visiting the Cape:
- Visit any of the Cape Cod beaches (including Craigville Beach which is within walking distance to the Inn) or the National Seashore.
- Follow one of our driving loops that provides helpful hints on exploring different parts of the Cape.
- Visit the JFK Museum in Hyannis and walk on the beach in Hyannisport and spy the Kennedy Compound.
- Cruise historic Route 6A, admire the many well preserved historic homes and stop at any of the antique shops and art galleries along the way.
- Go out on a whale watch excursion from Barnstable or Provincetown.
- Take in a Cape Cod Baseball League game.
- Hop on a ferry and explore the islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.
- Visit the local Cape Cod Vineyards for wine tasting tours.
- Take a dune tour at the National Seashore and have a lobster or clambake dinner on the beach.
- Go on an Ice Cream excursion and sample all of the home made Cape Cod ice creams (Four Seas is our favorite!)
- Shop till you drop. We can give you lots of helpful hints on where the best shops are located on the Cape.
- Cruise the Cape and check out all of the lighthouses.
- Bike the Shining Sea or the Rail Trail bike paths.
- Go on a local Stand-up Paddle board excursion.
- Take a sunset cruise into the Nantucket sound.
- Kayak the waterways of the Cape.
- Visit and tour the Church of Transfiguration at Rock Harbor in Orleans.
- Hop on the Cape Railway dinner train and or scenic tour.
- Take an eco-tour in the Barnstable harbor.
- Visit one of the many Cape Cod Theaters and see a live show.
- Eat, eat and then eat some more! We have lots of suggestions for eating your way around the Cape.
- Pick a village or town and go explore.
- Go on a deep sea fishing trip.
- Take a sightseeing airplane ride.
- Take two steps out of the Inn and relax on our patio while listening to the cascading water of Long Dell Falls!
As you can imagine, sky’s the limit when it comes to Cape Cod adventures! (Speaking of “sky” you can try tandem skydiving if you’re really adventurous!)
So let us know if want our assistance in planning your Cape Cod adventure ahead of time or once you arrive at the Long Dell Inn!